Safeguarding Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults
The Navigators UK have increasingly diverse ministry contexts that may bring us into contact with children, young people and vulnerable adults. It is now a legal requirement on all charities to have robust policies that ensure they take steps to protect and support these people.
The Navigators UK and the Trustees are committed to the care of all children, young people and vulnerable adults involved at any level in our ministry.
- carefully select and train those with any responsibility in the Navigators UK, in line with safer recruitment principles, including the use of criminal records disclosures
- respond without delay to every complaint that suggests a child, young person or vulnerable adult may have been harmed – co-operating with the police and local authority in any investigation
- seek to work with anyone who has suffered abuse, developing an appropriate and informed ministry of pastoral care
- seek to challenge and report any suspected abuse of power, especially by anyone in a position of trust
- refer to the proper authorities any member of our community known to have offended against a child, young person or vulnerable adult and offer them appropriate pastoral care, support and supervision.
The following key values are regarded as important underpinning for our safeguarding practice:
- the person’s welfare is paramount
- prevention is vital
- transparency of process
- accountability of the entire organisation
- partnership with statutory authorities
- use of independent specialist advice, where appropriate
- active management of risk
- a culture of informed vigilance by all (as opposed to assuming that a Christian organisation is above suspicion).
If you have any concerns about the welfare of children, young people or vulnerable adults associated with the Navigators ministries, please follow the link below to report your concerns. Every issue raised will be followed up.
The Navigators UK and the Trustees are committed both to the care of all children, young people and vulnerable adults involved at any level in our ministry and to responding to any concerns raised about anything within our activities . Please fill in the form below if you have any concerns. The Navigator office manager has the responsibility to follow up any concerns issues raised. (If the concern is about anything related to the Navigator office then please raise then with email@example.com)
Turner House, 54 The Avenue, Southampton, SO17 1XQ
023 8055 8800
England & Wales: 1099148