Most importantly, this is a summer camp! Water games, hiking in the sun, afternoon naps outside, etc. all set in beautiful mountains with endless forrests! I know right!
21-28 June . Teams usually extend their stay in Central Europe for a couple of days before/after
£400 all included.
- Flights ~£150
- Lodging – ~£110
- Travel – ~£50
- Other expenses – £90
- Mountain lodge in the stunning High Tatra mountain range. Bedding provided, all-inclusive, accommodates any dietary requirements.
- Host families in Bratislava pre & post camp
Responsibilities of the UK Team
- Be part of (and lead) some of the planned activities
- Come and be present amongst the students = Be friendly and open to connect with the students on a personal level. Engage with the students in their free time….during meals, walks, sports or other informal activities.
- Be part of the team organising the camp = attend and share ideas and observations at preparatory and reflective meetings; take on responsibilities.
Please note that you are applying to join the UK team attending camps organised by the C.S.Lewis Bilingual High School (link). In the UK, the programme is advertised through the Navigators, Turner House, 54 The Avenue, Southampton, SO17 1XQ.
DBS/PVG Checks: All team members will require an enhanced DBS check (PVG in Scotland) before being accepted on the programme. where necessary this check will be organised by the UK Navigators office. Without a valid DBS or PVG Check (either provided by the applicant or obtained on the applicants behalf by the Navigators) applicants will be unable to participate in the programme.
Travel Insurance: All participants are required to have suitable travel and medical insurance to cover their participation in the programme. This must include provision for medical repatriation, trip cancellation and trip disruption (e.g. due to civil unrest or volcanic ash affecting air travel). You are responsible also for supplying accurate information as required by the insurer, and communicating details of your insurance arrangements to your team leader. In the UK insurers who offer suitable insurance include Bluefin, Salt Insurance and Banner Insurance.
Passport and Visas: UK citizens with a valid UK passport with at least 6 months remaining on it can enter Slovakia freely provided that their stay is for less than 90 days.
Application and Deadlines
This trip is open to all students and recent graduates. The deadline for applying to the programme is 31st March 2018 and we will let you know if you have been accepted within two weeks (assuming all documentation and references all received). Application is no guarantee of acceptance. Contact us for more info or complete the application form below if you’ve already made up your mind.
Turner House, 54 The Avenue, Southampton, SO17 1XQ
023 8055 8800
England & Wales: 1099148